MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving the menu links & displaying last member reg'd link.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

Okay so I'll start with the more damaging issues.

I'm setting up a board stats in my sidebar, everything works fine other than display the latest registered members profile link. 

Here is the bit of code I'm using to do this.
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bbname']}/member.php?action=profile&uid={$stats['lastuid']">{$stats['lastusername']}</a>

This brings upon a 500 error. 

The second issue I'm having is not so important.
I'm trying to vertically align my menu within the header as seen in the image below. 
[Image: 402457588edb482481de001ddd523474.png]

The entire header is still using the default themes styling with no modifications other than changing the link colors. 
I've been stuck with this for ages, it'll probably be a simple fix as usual, just can't solve it myself however.

Thanks.
If you want to align your header links vertically you will have to remove the classes on them:

In header_welcome_block, find

<ul class="menu panel_links">

and remove class="menu panel_links"

The image icons are set using sprite images, if you want to continue using icons it will be easier to use fontawesome icons in their place.
Oops, my bad. I wish to keep them horizontally aligned, just moved up so it's in the center of the header.
Try adding bottom margin or padding on the <ul> element where you have those links.

So <ul> becomes <ul style="margin-bottom:30px">
Doing that pushes the rest of the forum down rather than bringing the menu up. Trying with -30px brings the forum up rather than menu.
Then you can use margin-top instead of margin-bottom.

Edit: just reread your post. If you post a link to your forum, it might be easier to see what you have, because your format is already modified from default.
Have also tried margin-top with no avail.

The classes that it uses haven't been modified, just the images and the colour background has been toyed with. Everything else is still default.

It's not currently public, it's all being done on my local server.

Here is all the css that's being used if it helps someone. 

#logo {
	background: #e0e0e0;
	padding: 10px 0;
}

#header ul.menu {
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	list-style: none;
}

#header ul.menu li {
	margin: 0 7px;
	display: inline;