MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Receiving PM After Being Removed From PM List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was done in browser.

I think I've narrowed down the problem. When I included only one admin in the test the problem didn't appear, but if I added two or more admin that's when the problem happens.

So example:

Test1 sends a PM to Admin, Test2, and Test3. Admin does a Reply All but and removes Test1 and send the message. Test1 doesn't receive it.

Test1 sends a PM to Admin1, Admin2, Test2, and Test3. Admin1 does a Reply All and removes Test1 and sends the message. Test1 receives the message.
I think it might be a plugin on your forum or something. I'm still not able to duplicate this with the testing scenario you laid out above.

I sent a PM from a test account (non-admin) to 3 other users, 2 of them being an admin. I hit 'reply all' and removed the original sender. the original sender did not get the PM, but everyone else did, as expected.
I'm going to do an experiment and disable all plugins and see what happens. If that corrects the problem I'll go through the plugins one at a time and see which one is causing the problem. I'll keep you posted.

I went ahead and disabled all plugins and the problem still happens. On a whim I tried reverting to the original MyBB theme to see if that was the problem. Nope. Any time I add two or more admin to a PM and send, then go to the admin account and do a Reply All and delete the original sender and send the PM, the original sender still gets it. I'm totally baffled by this.

Could we do a test here? Could I send two admin a test PM and then one of you do a Reply All and delete me from that message and send that new PM?
I couldn't reproduce it with the details you provided even on your forum - test1 didn't get my PM after I removed it from the list. Which browsers did you try it on? Did you also try on the default theme?
(2016-07-20, 03:32 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't reproduce it with the details you provided even on your forum - test1 didn't get my PM after I removed it from the list. Which browsers did you try it on? Did you also try on the default theme?

I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I've also tried it with the default MyBB theme. I'll put together a short video to show you what I'm doing and send you the link via PM.

During the screen cap (which I've PM'd to you) I seemed to have narrowed down the problem. We converted our forums from vBulletin, so it seems anytime more than one admin from that conversion is used the problem described occurs. Using the two new admin accounts only doesn't seem to cause the problem. You'll see in the video.
Moving to Merge Support then.
I also cannot reproduce this on the user's forum with the reproduction steps provided by the OP...
I seemed to have found a fix for this. Basically, you need to create a new Admin account for the admin this bug is affecting. Then merge the old account into the new one. You will lose your signature and avatar, but once this is done the bug goes away.
Pages: 1 2