MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello I need some help please. :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I'm trying to set up a mental health community and I'm having trouble installing ANY plugins at all, I'm using FileZilla and it's connected to my server, I went with GoDaddy + cPanal and I hate it but too far to turn back.
I was gonna go with XenForo but it looks like a rip off honestly, especially when I could just get the plugins on here to work then I'd have a makeshift XenForo board pretty much.

Basically whenever I upload anything to the website > forum > inc > plugins, I'll dump the folder there like everything tells me to but nothing happens? It doesn't show up at all on the plugin page of the MyBB admin options

I think it might be a version problem but I've installed the latest MyProfile plugin for example and it doesn't make any difference/doesn't show up? I'm running the latest MyBB version.

I'll admit I'm quite helpless at this but I'm learning. xD
Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Thanks for your time.
what is your forum url & which php files you currently have in the plugins folder ?
Well, I did have the entire MyProfile folder from when I downloaded it just put in there on the servers plugins folder but I think I'm supposed to take stuff out? It doesn't really say how you install stuff properly, IE noob friendly haha.

Currently I have the regular hello.php in there but I disabled that via admin panal as I don't want it. I removed the others as they weren't working but I figure I'm not doing something right, possibly needing to remove certain files from the actual plugin download files.

http://www.mental-health-community.co.uk/forum - This is my site but I probably need to update the theme and make a more professional website banner yet.

Thanks.
see Installing Plugins guidance & see also this post

basically plugin files are to be added to inc/plugins folder of MyBB files server.
if plugin consists of single php file then that is the simple method. but plugin might
consist of several files. in that case we have to follow folder structure of plugin pack.
this can be confusing at sometimes as plugin coders may not follow unified method to
pack their plugin files. readme file if exists with plugin can consist of the instructions

if plugin files are located in a folder named Upload then its contents should be transferred
by following folder structure
. that Upload folder itself should not be transferred.

youtube has some videos to help (you can search for MyBB plugins installation)
Ooh, yeah I have seen the "Upload" file within the file itself when I tried the MyProfile plugin, I figured it'd be ready to go as is but I'll try doing that, I just wasn't entirely sure which ones I should be dragging + dropping on the server. It's not really idiot proof haha!

Thank you a lot I'm sure I'll figure it out now. Take care. Smile