MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Negative Reputation for Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I want to enable negative reputation in my forum but I want only certain usergroups being able to give it. I don't want users giving negative rep to each other, I want admins be able to give users. Is it possible?
Sounds like a recipe for breeding animosity between users and staff. You should consider using the warning system instead.

I don't think there's a way to allow only specific groups to give negative reputation. You would need a plugin to accomplish this.
You can modify reputation settings in groups section in admin CP.
You only allow negative reputation for groups whom you want to allow giving negative reps others keep it 0.
brad-t , I wont be using it to punish users, I want to create something like Reputation Market, users will be able to change their nickname for 50 rep for example.

WallBB, where is it exactly? I want them being able to give +1 but unable to give any negative rep.
Here you can find it
ACP> User Groups ยป Edit User Group >> Users and Permissions Tab
Find this and modify the value :-
Points to Award/Take Away:
Here you need to enter the number of points to give or take away on each reputation given by users of this group.
But again, I can't set different values for points to award and points to take away, right?

I want them being able to give +1, but unable to give -1.
You can't without a plugin.
I understand your question now, you can not do that. Sorry I misunderstood.
IMO it would be easier to use one of the existing shop plugins and modify it so that currency is received when rep is received.