MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delay in submitting actions in admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Really weird bug, already tried disabling all plugins. Basically no matter what I do in the admin CP, there is a serious, unpredictable delay in the action actually going through.

Let's say I change a template. When the page refreshes, my template change hasn't actually gone through. If I navigate elsewhere in the admin CP, I will eventually see the "template has been saved" success message, probably on a totally unrelated page.

[Image: wn0G4lb.png]

This isn't relegated to templates. Changing username styling or group settings is the same. Is this an issue with my host? It started suddenly and I have no idea why or how to fix it. Thanks for your help.
If you are using FASTyle, it's likely to be caused by its routines, although I don't know exactly why. If confirmed, I might get to work on it again and solve the related bugs once for all, as the current version (1.3) still is not 100% consistent (sometimes, templates are not saved even if the confirmation message shows up).
(2016-07-21, 11:35 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using FASTyle, it's likely to be caused by its routines, although I don't know exactly why. If confirmed, I might get to work on it again and solve the related bugs once for all, as the current version (1.3) still is not 100% consistent (sometimes, templates are not saved even if the confirmation message shows up).

Even when I disabled all plugins (the CP setting), the problem persists. I actually thought it might be FASTyle, but I can't actually get it to uninstall. Deleting the FASTyle.php didn't help. And it affects many things outside of saving templates, as I wrote. Do you think it could still be at fault?
Not that I am aware of. I never had such a report before, and given 1) you have encountered the issue under a plugins-free environment and 2) FASTyle does not affect the database I would say it's not FASTyle the cause of your issue. Still, this is a very odd behavior that needs investigation. Nonetheless, I will give a check to FASTyle's operations on my own and give you the results of my analysis.
Thanks. I'm using a spare hosting account as a beta for a new forum design, so an indeterminate delay on changes in the Admin CP being saved is ... unworkable.
I've never seen this happen before, and success/failure messages are only flashed (eg: they're not persisted in the database or anything, so cannot be retrieved at a later date).

@SHade: Does FASTyle make any code changes or anything? I've never looked at it, so I'm not sure how it works.
No, FASTyle does not make any code changes.
Hm. I'm really not sure what the cause might be.

Brad, if you can provide a temporary admin account for me, I can try and have a look tonight and see if there's an obvious cause.
I guess I can have a look too.