MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought cheap shared hosting from namecheap.com to build my forum and now once it's ready to start getting members namecheap can't approve an upgrade unless it's to a dedicated server with their reason being "your best site performance is our highest priority".

I don't have money for managed dedicated hosting with cpanel, etc. right now, so I'm planning to buy the Business SSD plan. I've explained this to them, but they gave me this statement.

Quote:We do understand that switching to our dedicated server plan may not be that convenient for you now, however, since your best site performance is our highest priority we cannot approve the upgrade to Business SSD plan now. 

Kindly try to optimize MyBB and monitor your account performance for some time to make an appropriate decision. 

I can optimize the board for a small community, but once we get any amount of traffic ~40+ users resource usage problems begin.
Once you get users than decide about switching hosting plans or hosting if your current package is not powerful.
(2016-07-22, 02:59 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Once you get users than decide about switching hosting plans or hosting if your current package is not powerful.

Well, we do have users. And if I switched hosts Namecheap only helps transfer data if I have bought a VPS or Dedicated server.
i had a mybb forum with 6,000 member on a small webhosting plan from tinkerhost without any issue. You also can use CDN to optimize your loading speed.
If Namecheap does not offer upgrade of your plan, simply import your site to a new VPS or higher end plan you would like to buy. That is much easier than seeking help from NameCheap. Also, does 40 + members give an issue with NameCheap's shared hosting ?
(2016-07-22, 03:07 AM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-22, 02:59 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Once you get users than decide about switching hosting plans or hosting if your current package is not powerful.

Well, we do have users. And if I switched hosts Namecheap only helps transfer data if I have bought a VPS or Dedicated server.
Don't worry about transfers, most of the time the hosting where you are switching takes care of transfer as you are new business to them.

(2016-07-22, 04:28 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]If Namecheap does not offer upgrade of your plan, simply import your site to a new VPS or higher end plan you would like to buy. That is much easier than seeking help from NameCheap. Also, does 40 + members give an issue with NameCheap's shared hosting ?
Namecheap hosting is quite good, it is able to withstand one of my forums with 10-15 users online most of the time. Smile
(2016-07-22, 02:47 AM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]I've bought cheap shared hosting from namecheap[...]

Protip: Don't host on a registrar. Go to an actual web host.
(2016-07-22, 08:52 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-22, 02:47 AM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]I've bought cheap shared hosting from namecheap[...]

This ^
(2016-07-22, 09:35 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-22, 08:52 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

This ^

And to that end, I'd recommend T1Hosting.
You simply need to choose a Shared/Reseller provider who offers more server resources. The trouble is most providers use the default CloudLinux limits which prevent sites loading as fast as they could be.

We offer 2GB MEM, 2CPU and 30 MBPS IO https://www.hostxnow.com/clients/knowled...plans.html

Hope that helps?