MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smileys not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, smileys not working properly Eg typing ": )" - without the space, or clicking on the button for a certain smiley means that are put in text but as a blank image.

Not moved them and they are in default smiley folder in images...

thanks a lot
your forum is looking for gif smilie images but MyBB 1.8.x uses png type smilies

you can try running below SQL query to fix it
UPDATE `mybb_smilies` SET  `image`= REPLACE (`image`, '.gif', '.png') WHERE `image` LIKE '%.gif%'; 

see also common sql queries guidance
(2016-07-23, 12:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your forum is looking for gif smilie images but MyBB 1.8.x uses png type smilies

you can try running below SQL query to fix it
UPDATE `mybb_smilies` SET  `image`= REPLACE (`image`, '.gif', '.png') WHERE `image` LIKE '%.gif%'; 

see also common sql queries guidance

So I can either change the file format to gifs.... or run that sql

I went to smilies db and ran that but I get an error saying sql syntax error.....

What now?

So how to fix?
And what is the error that you are receiving?
(2016-07-24, 02:11 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]And what is the error that you are receiving?

Error is "

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATE mybb_smilies SET image= REPLACE (image, '.gif', '.png') WHERE `ima' at line 2

"

- Running the command someone suggested above. 
Hi,
Can you check if the permission of your images folder is correct ?
Also try to add a gif smiley and see if that is working on your forum.
EDIT: SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!! -----------
I noticed the actual files were ".gif" - So I changed extension to ".png" and it works...