MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private message plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Solved.
There is a plugin for this very purpose in the download section, unfortunately i forget what its called. Maybe someone will post the link to it here.
(2016-07-25, 03:02 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a plugin for this very purpose in the download section, unfortunately i forget what its called. Maybe someone will post the link to it here.

I couldn't find it when I searched for it.  Probably the author of this OP couldn't either. I made detailed searches in this section:
http://mods.mybb.com/home

I've found quite a number of occasions where someone spammed my Inbox and think it will be useful to have a feature built into the Admin "Private Messaging" for limiting access to Private Messaging until at least one post has been made.
Would love to find out what plugin can do that too.

Alternatively is it possible to restrict PMs with the Group Promotion features?

PS: reason is we get scammers with the usual IP address from Africa (Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, etc). These usually don't make any posts. Once I found one out, it could be seen in the User Email Log, but another recent one used PMs so it wouldn't show in User Email Log.

PPS: related, is it possible to see the PM activity? Say, I don't need to read the PMs, but to have a log of who send PMs? That might help notice abuse as well.