MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making IcyForum Private
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really don't know how to form this question using the proper technical terms, so my apologies in advance for not looking through the forum - my knowledge would probably lead me to find an answer to a question I wasn't asking.

I have just formed a forum on Icyforum and wish it to be private for a few friends of mine. Taht is to say, to view the forum one would have first to login.

Is this possible?
(2016-07-27, 05:01 PM)Gemma09 Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know how to form this question using the proper technical terms, so my apologies in advance for not looking through the forum - my knowledge would probably lead me to find an answer to a question I wasn't asking.

I have just formed a forum on Icyforum and wish it to be private for a few friends of mine. Taht is to say, to view the forum one would have first to login.

Is this possible?

If you are asking if your forum can be set to private or by invitation only then yes it's possible. Big Grin
(2016-07-27, 05:07 PM)Silest Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-27, 05:01 PM)Gemma09 Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know how to form this question using the proper technical terms, so my apologies in advance for not looking through the forum - my knowledge would probably lead me to find an answer to a question I wasn't asking.

Is this possible?

If you are asking if your forum can be set to private or by invitation only then yes it's possible. Big Grin

Thankyou, that's wonderful! Only, umm... er... can you tell me how?
(2016-07-27, 05:19 PM)Gemma09 Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this possible?

While I know for sure it is possible. I can not recall off hand how you go about doing it sorry :/ I would try googling around and see what you can come up with or maybe look through some old threads here and see if you can find anything useful.
(2016-07-27, 05:25 PM)Silest Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-27, 05:19 PM)Gemma09 Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this possible?

While I know for sure it is possible. I can not recall off hand how you go about doing it sorry :/ I would try googling around and see what you can come up with or maybe look through some old threads here and see if you can find anything useful.

I did look all the way through the admin panel, and found nothing. Which is why I asked.

I'll see if anybody else knows if it is possible, thankyou.
You can set permissions on the guests group, so that they cannot view the board. ACP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Guests and modify the permsions from there.
This ^^^ would be the most easiest approach have them register then disable guest from seeing the boards.
you could also go as far as to set all new register(s) to be approved by admin's before there fully activated.
So that way after you friends have registered any one else who try's to register that is not permitted will not be activated unless you choose to do so.
(2016-07-27, 06:17 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can set permissions on the guests group, so that they cannot view the board. ACP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Guests and modify the permsions from there.

Thanks for your help, too. I did mark yours as the best answer, and thought I could share it.