MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internet explorer vs Mozilla MyBB look (is this a bug?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to fix these diferences in internet explorer compared with mozilla firefox? Look at the columns in both atached pictures!

Plugin that i'm using:

Board Message
Private Messages Admin
Resize Textarea
Shoutbox
YouTube BBCode
Well the default theme works all right in IE and Firefox. Does this happen to a default installation of the theme you're using?
Never tried, but before plugins was installed, was Ok. What can i do about it ?
Anybody please? Looks very ugly!
Installed a few new themes. i am getting the same ugly look. Can anyone help me to solve this ?
The problem is with IE CSS and some themes make a difference in look in IE and Firefox. if the problem continues with the defualt theme too then there is something with your code which is making the annoying look
Ok, i tried with MyBB default theme.I am getting the same results.I also tried with few themes and some of them appears ok,some dont. So where else i can take a look to fiks this ?
Vinoth says that there is something with my code...what code ?
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as described in the initial post.

Does anybody have a solution or at least an explanation ?

thx in advance
Ttami
That is happening because your on/off/offlock.gif images are wider than 35 which is hardcoded in templates

go to Template Manager -> Forum Bit Templates -> forumbit_depth1_cat

find this
<tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" width="35">&nbsp;</td>

width="35" is the width of on/off/offlock.gif
find out width of your on/off/offlock.gif images and change 35 to appropriate number

change it to
<tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" width="45">&nbsp;</td>
Thats exactly right Bas, i had the same problem a while back, and found it was the width of the on/off cell, jsut resize as Bas has instructed, it should fix the problem.
Thx Bas,

its fixed now. Big Grin

thumbs up.

Ttami