MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want to make a forum, and then have another forum inside that, and allow users to post in both, I can just add a subforum. But supposing I wanted to prevent posting in the parent forum, and only allow it in the child forum, does that mean I have to set the parent as a Category, or is there another way to do it?

Thanks.
If you edit the forum, you should be able to set the following setting to "no"

Quote:Forum Is Open?
If no, the forum will be closed from posting regardless of the users' permissions

I don't believe this setting is inherited to child forums...
Thanks for the reply.

OK, setting "Open" to No makes it impossible to post, perfect, but the section for threads underneath the list of subforums is still there, any way to change that?

Thanks.
Can display more than two sub-forums?
DraconisCombine Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

OK, setting "Open" to No makes it impossible to post, perfect, but the section for threads underneath the list of subforums is still there, any way to change that?

Thanks.

You mean on the forum where "Open" is set to "no"? No there isn't an easy way to remove the threads list from that forum. You might as well make the forum into a category.