MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User moderation PM Notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there mybb dev's I would like to propose a new implementation for the newest build being worked on.
Now please do excuse me if something like this is already implemented that I am not aware of (I do not think there is anything like it but if there is my apologies)

I would like to propose a User PM notice when staff of any level remove a user's thread or do any sort of moderation related things such as move it, delete it/trash it, sticky it,

I feel this would be a wonderful concept in helping bring more professionalism to forum/site's that use mybb as there choice of forum software. And if this was to be implemented it would make this feature universal thus creating more organization/professionalism across all mybb forums.

Thanks for reading Big Grin
This looks like a nice idea, i support this Smile
(2016-07-28, 02:56 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like a nice idea, i support this Smile

Just trying to help mybb become even betterĀ  Toungue
So this is just me... but I find that more often than not, the actions that moderators/administrators take on posts and threads do not really necessitate PM-ing a user. The edits, thread locks, and things of that nature are often very minor. If I were to edit a member's post and if for whatever reason I found it necessary to send the user a PM, I'd want it to be something I would write and send myself anyway - not an automated notification (unless the automated notification was an official warning, in the case of something particularly bad).

Also, many moderation actions are pretty easy for a member to notice on their own. For example, if one's thread has been closed, it is fairly easy to notice the next time they visit it. While this feature suggestion overall isn't something I see much point to implementing in the core, it could make a nifty plugin for anyone interested Smile Just my $0.02
I disagree with a PM. It could be something that could be added into the new alerts system for 2.0 though.
sending a PM for any type of mod/admin action on a thread would probably add a ton of load on the server, especially if the site has hundreds of thousands or millions of posts and thousands of users.
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.