MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to redirect mybb forum to responsive theme dir.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to know that if I am running a forum on domain www.forum.com and let say i use default theme for it, and is it possible to have m.forum.com for a responsive theme, though it work on both larger screens and mobile/tablets but i want it for people only on cell phones.
Just need to know how to have to different themes in same forum and how to redirect users of mobile phones to m. dir.
Thanks
There's a plugin for this in case you are not aware. Search for Go mobile
(2016-07-29, 06:41 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a plugin for this in case you are not aware. Search for Go mobile

I dont need a plugin i need to know how to manage two dir's of same forum which redirect to m. dir when mobile phone users open it.
its done in many websites just wanted to know is it possible for mybb or not?
I am not sure that you would be able to offer 2 themes under 2 different domains ( sub domains ). You could always redirect when on mobile to a sub domain.

Something like the script below can do it for you

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (screen.width <= 699) {
document.location = "m.forum.com";
}
//-->
</script>

source : CSS Tricks

A good read for you

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/w...e-redirect
(2016-07-29, 07:21 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure that you would be able to offer 2 themes under 2 different domains ( sub domains ). You could always redirect when on mobile to a sub domain.

Something like the script below can do it for you

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (screen.width <= 699) {
document.location = "m.forum.com";
}
//-->
</script>

source : CSS Tricks

A good read for you

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/w...e-redirect
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it, ok its the redirect thing but what i wanted to know how to control db in this case if you have two folders on one domain like site.com and m.site.com with these two same folders you have different themes, so database will count same thing done on one theme as simultaneously done on other theme, because you have to set domain in db and cookie domain in db also, now here is the problem what does db do when there is only one domain and cookie domain, so is it able to record entries from other m.site.com . it is really confusing me, and i need help in this.
Thanks
MyBB's not really set up to work on multiple domains by default, you'd need a plugin to handle 2 different Board URLs. The web is moving away from having separate mobile sites though, it would probably be a lot easier to force a certain theme when on a mobile device, which I think is what GoMobile does. Trying to use 2 hostnames is going to be the more difficult option.
(2016-08-11, 12:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB's not really set up to work on multiple domains by default, you'd need a plugin to handle 2 different Board URLs. The web is moving away from having separate mobile sites though, it would probably be a lot easier to force a certain theme when on a mobile device, which I think is what GoMobile does. Trying to use 2 hostnames is going to be the more difficult option.

Alright so i got my answer, it means that it is not possible now.
And i appreciate all of you who replied, Thanks a lot.