MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The showcase forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The team isn't here to manually check all of the content of the board in question.
Honestly I kind of get the points being made here - There are forums that are rather... 'Stock' that get in - how is that showcasing the flexibility of Mybb - if I was being totally honest, I'd make the rules stricter so that common themes can't be a common occur acne in the showcase.

by relaxing the rules to the state you want. We're turning into promotion sites - as Ben cousins stated.

Therefore, I personally vote that the rules remain as they are
"Forums must not have any empty forums and a good amount of content must be present."
This isn't discussing the quality of content, I think the point is of the last post.
But you are right in saying all sites can't be complete checked.

The rules are also good as they are currently to me.

-CosmicKeiko
The reason we introduced these rules is because we had a lot of people installing MyBB, adding the Afresh/Apart themes, making 5 posts and then posting it in showcase. All that really showcased was their ability to install the software.

Saying that, there's only so much we can do to weigh up whether it's worthy or not; we're not gonna sit there with a checklist and working out the post-count-to-forum-age ratio and average posts per member or anything. Some forums that people don't "deem worthy" might get through but it's not the end of the world.
Its also worth mentioning that as staff we discuss many of the borderline forums behind the scenes - forums where they don't meet the post-count minimum yet showcase cool features. Furthermore, when we deny a showcase and then the user asks why we do sometimes end up discussing it with them and they explain some of the features they have and we end up approving it on those grounds. This isn't a checklist process as Matt said, it's much more fluid.
Pages: 1 2 3