MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {WIP} Creators Wave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-08-05, 10:58 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-05, 10:13 PM)Ariana Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the slider in my opinion that should be on a separate page like the portal/homepage.

also the text on the member block is a little too dark.

Thanks for the feedback! The idea is to have the slider with an option to collapse it. The member block I agree - this will be lightened in the next version!

aslong as the slider remembers if you collapsed it or not when you reload the page then thats perfect Smile
-The logo doesn't fit for me, something in it is just... I don't know... weird.
-The description of CreatorsWave (Ride the wave, of creativity) is too dark.
-The menu is not completely aligned to the middle and the font used in the user section is a little bit too dark (same applies to the red circle of alerts and the dark gray text).
-Forum description font can be bigger.
-Category font can be a lot bigger.
-Footer can be smaller in height. Also there's a huge space between the end of the forum and the footer.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers.
(2016-08-06, 08:28 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]-The logo doesn't fit for me, something in it is just... I don't know... weird.
-The menu is not completely aligned to the middle and the font used in the user section is a little bit too dark (same applies to the red circle of alerts and the dark gray text).
-Footer can be smaller in height. Also there's a huge space between the end of the forum and the footer.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers.

Any suggestions for the logo please?
Description I will change - darkness I appreciate is an issue :-)
Menu alignment will be fixed in coding and later editions of the design.
Font size I really don't want to make too big and throw the forum off, so I will be seeing how it looks at 100% zoom once coded and adjust as needed 
The space between forum/footer is reserved for plugins, and later editions (plus the technical details as shown) 

Thanks for the feedback, hugely appreciated!
(2016-08-06, 06:38 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-06, 08:28 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]-The logo doesn't fit for me, something in it is just... I don't know... weird.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers.

Any suggestions for the logo please?
Description I will change - darkness I appreciate is an issue :-)
Menu alignment will be fixed in coding and later editions of the design.
Font size I really don't want to make too big and throw the forum off, so I will be seeing how it looks at 100% zoom once coded and adjust as needed 
The space between forum/footer is reserved for plugins, and later editions (plus the technical details as shown) 

Thanks for the feedback, hugely appreciated!

I don't really know, I'm completely amateur when it comes to make logos but it feels like it was apart from the forum design, I mean... is like all beauty from the theme and then comes the logo and plaf, ruin everything.

Maybe you can use just text for the logo or try another design more alike to the forum design.

Cheers and good luck.
(2016-08-06, 10:31 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know, I'm completely amateur when it comes to make logos but it feels like it was apart from the forum design, I mean... is like all beauty from the theme and then comes the logo and plaf, ruin everything.

Maybe you can use just text for the logo or try another design more alike to the forum design.

Cheers and good luck.

Hmm, I will switch the theme to my other logo - which is a more "simplistic" CW logo, which might be more fitting to the theme, on reflection.

Thanks for the feedback! Smile
I think people waste too much effort when using footers like that. I mean, how often do you check the footer of pages you visit? How often yo believe they update that and how often you believe you will update yours?

A waste of space imo.
(2016-08-07, 06:05 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I think people waste too much effort when using footers like that. I mean, how often do you check the footer of pages you visit? How often yo believe they update that and how often you believe you will update yours?

A waste of space imo.

It's an interesting and hotly debated topic, and one I find myself coming back to. I personally like footers, when they're utilised (and, admittedly, updated) properly; they can be superbly useful.
The site here will utilise the footer for details about the site partners and sponsors, thus the space won't be wasted. 

Though I appreciate your comment! Like I say, it is hotly debated.
Still looking for feedback, if anyone has any! Smile
On the main forum display i would take the transparency off and make it in the bg so it doesn't cover up any thing Smile
(2016-08-11, 09:04 PM)Azzid Wrote: [ -> ]On the main forum display i would take the transparency off and make it in the bg so it doesn't cover up any thing Smile

My apologies for this, but I am not sure I know what you are referring to here?
Pages: 1 2 3