MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 403/500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having trouble accessing my Admin CP after installation. It kept giving me an Error 403 saying "Forbidden!". So I found the solution given on these forums: to put SecFilterEngine Off in a .htaccess file and then upload it. This got rid of my previous issue, but now I'm getting an Internal Server Error all over the place.
I have the latest version of MyBB installed and everything.

Anyone know what to do?
Thanks!
I don't get why you would get a 403 Error if you installed everything properly. It must be a server issue.. Are you sure the 500 Internal Server Error is like a server downtime, problems or something like that? Or did it happen right after you added the SecFilterEngine on the .htaccess?
It happened immediately after. I suppose it may have something to do with the server... There is a tad bit of upgrading going on.
Possibly your host doesn't like you overriding their .htaccess values.
Yup must be a server issue. Sorry.
Alright, thank you all. I'll wait a few day until I can get help from the server admin.
Do you have access to your server error logs? If so, you should take a look in it and see if it says what the problem is.