MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert Database all tables from MyISAM to InnoDB Increase Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It should be a known figure as it's probably one of the main things you're paying for, but if you SSH into your server and run this:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

What's the last value of 'processor'? Add 1 to this, and this is how many cores you have.

Reason for asking is what laie_techie has said; if you had, say, 4 cores, a load of 4.77 is bad (running over capacity), but if you had 12 cores, a load of 4.77 isn't so bad. I think anything over 70% usage is considered cause for concern.
It is showing processor 7. So you said that I have to add then its 8

So how much load processor is OK. Is 5 - 6 is OK. But Some time it increased to 6-7.
Ideally you want it as low as possible, 5 is about the highest I'd want to see it. I think the best analogy for server load is if you imagine, in this case, 8 lanes of traffic, a server load of 8 would be the same as all 8 lanes being filled with traffic; the road is just about flowing freely but anything else would start to back up and cause congestion, or in the case of your server, requests get backed up. So a server load of 5 is about where you'd start to want to make sure the traffic didn't get any worse.

The cause of server load can be hard to track down though; it'd be another question for your server support. You might find that the site feels slow if the server load is high because it's dealing with a lot of requests, but as your MySQL generation times seem very low indeed on the forum, MySQL doesn't immediately seem to be the issue. However, without access to the server it'd be hard to know for sure so your server support should be able to help track down why it's going as high as 6-7.
Hi

Today I searched lot and at one place I found this line to add in my.cnf can decrease server load.

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0

I have added this and I see that server load average gets down. But I don't know about is there is any serious issue will raise in future. Or what it is doing?

Still waiting for expert reply.
Still waiting for expert reply.
Hi

Today I searched lot and at one place I found this line to add in my.cnf can decrease server load.

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0

I have added this and I see that server load average gets down. But I don't know about is there is any serious issue will raise in future. Or what it is doing?
I really think this is something that needs to be taken up with your hosting support. If you're waiting for a lengthy response here you may be waiting a while because this isn't our specialty, we're beyond MyBB support and into server management now with this. Debugging server load issues is way beyond what we're really here for, there are far better placed people to help you with this than we are who will help much quicker. Asking your server support or on somewhere like https://serverfault.com/ will get you a much more reliable answer quicker.
Pages: 1 2