MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log in/out issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so for the past week or so I have been having issues with my site where members log in however they log in as someone else. I had a group of 5 members on our discord logged in to check the problem and we were all logged in as the same person. If someone would log out completely and log back in everyone would log into that person's account. there were also other issues.
- Logging out once would kick them back to their account but when they clicked on another link they would be someoen else. 
- Logging out would at times give this message: 
Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to log out, please click the Log Out button at the top menu.

- Other times when posting I would receive a user mismatch error
- In some cases people would receive a pm meant for someone else. 

I have a feeling there is something going on with the User ID system but I have no Idea where to even begin to look in terms of a solution.

Site: http://rprefuge.com/
Version: 1.8.7
Hmm, this issue sounds vaguely familiar. Your theme looks fairly standard but have you made any edits to it? Can you try on a completely standard theme and see if it still happens?
I'm using the default theme with some minor tweeks mostly to the header but that was a year ago, this is really recent.

I'll try a basic theme and see if that fixes is

We've been hacked in the past before without theme and template so it's possible it happened again.

An I have the same issue. I just thought about testing on a brand new installation of the site and unfortunately the issue is still happening so I have a feeling it is with the host site...
Hm, can you ask them if they have any sort of caching installed? It may not be set up correctly.

It sounds similar to an issue Steam had a few months ago, they had caching set up to cache the My Account page, but it cached it incorrectly and everyone got served the same cached page of one particular user. Apparently more and more hosts are implementing caching on a server level so it may be the same thing.