MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I run MyBB on localhost to test some of my code.
I have made a custom theme and I have some issues with MyAlerts. When I click on it, it won't pop up, and does
something very strange.

How can I make the alerts like a list like it should be but not in a pop up but just in a dropdown?
Is that possible?
And does someone want to help me?

Greeting
[...]
Hi,

It is possible, with quite a lot of JavaScript edits and template edits. I don't provide support for such a modification though.
Ow ok i understand, then i shall remove the plugin :/
Thanks for the reply though

At this moment i dont have any knowledge of JavaScript to do this myself
Hi [...], an easier way to do it is just to get the plugin to go to the /alerts page on your forum, a rough way to do this is to replace the code in templates > myalerts_headericon

<a href= "{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="myalerts {$newAlertsIndicator}"><i class="fa fa-bell"></i> {$lang->myalerts_alerts}
        ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>

or something along those lines, it works for me and provides just as much functionality. Hopefully Euan T could confirm that this would work ?
(2016-08-07, 09:59 PM)Marty1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi [...], an easier way to do it is just to get the plugin to go to the /alerts page on your forum, a rough way to do this is to replace the code in templates > myalerts_headericon

<a href= "{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="myalerts {$newAlertsIndicator}"><i class="fa fa-bell"></i> {$lang->myalerts_alerts}
        ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>

or something along those lines, it works for me and provides just as much functionality. Hopefully Euan T could confirm that this would work ?

Hi,

Yes this does work and gets rid of the modal. It's not exactly what the OP wanted, but if you're really against the modal, this does remove it Smile