MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply replacing the full New Reply editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

A good feature would be to have an option to replace the full New Reply editor with the Quick Reply box at the bottom of threads (removing the New Reply editor page).

As of currently, the New Reply editor just makes posting new replies more complicated, especially if a user also wants to add attachments and edit their text. The Quick Reply box would have attachments and the text editor built in. The preview post could simply be a button next to submit and it will open a popup that shows how your post looks. The add attachments could also be a button that, when clicked, would open a popup. I also don't think that the Thread Subscription and Post Options should be present in every post - simply have the option set in the new user control panel.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, is it me or does the multiquote only work when you multiquote ---> paste into Quick Reply box ---> Preview Post in order to access the full text editor that is only present in New Reply. This is extremely clunky, and supports having everything in the Quick Reply box.

Edit #2: Yea, it's just me.
Hi,

The quick reply will include the editor and the ability to add attachments. There will still be a separate full reply page too though for when crafting longer replies.
(2016-08-07, 09:24 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The quick reply will include the editor and the ability to add attachments. There will still be a separate full reply page too though for when crafting longer replies.

Awesome!