MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show latest Thread on Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am using a theme(netpen) with sidebar... I want to show latest threads in my sidebar, can anyone please tell me how to do it? What's the code for it?
I want to show it without activating Portal. I have Portal deactivated. 

Thank you
In that zip file is 2 of themes - one is with sidebar and the two is no sidebar
(2016-08-08, 05:06 AM)IceEyes Wrote: [ -> ]In that zip file is 2 of themes - one is with sidebar and the two is no sidebar

I am using the one with sidebar but it is now showing latest activity, I think it needs portal to be activated. How to show the latest threads without activating portal.
Bump! Anyone?
Moved to Plugin Support.
You should ask in that theme's support thread. In anycase on a default theme you can use the sidebox plugin to display portal boxes on the homepage, the portal does not need to be activated.
(2016-08-09, 11:44 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You should ask in that theme's support thread. In anycase on a default theme you can use the sidebox plugin to display portal boxes on the homepage, the portal does not need to be activated.

What sidebox plugin?
And how to do it without any plugin? I already have the sidebar, just need code that would show latest threads...
You need a plugin, unless you can code yourself. The plugin is called sidebox.

https://mods.mybb.com/view/sidebox

You have to change the compatibility line from 1.6* to 1.8* in the plugin file.