MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Forum Is Active"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you create a new forum and get down to the option of "Forum Is Active?". What is the purpose of that? If you choose no, then the forum will ultimately disappear even from your admin cp. You have to manually take it out of phpmyadmin if you wanted to delete it. Rather obsolete feature isn't it? If anyone can give me a logical reasoning to using this, then I'm not sure why this feature should be in the new version.
It can be used as an "invisible trash can." This feature is not yet on MyBB, but in the case of vBulletin and IPB, you can set up "trash can" forums where deleted content is automatically taken to. Normally, the "trash can" is a read-only, "archived" forum that is generally set up so only staff members can view it. But since admins rarely peruse the contents of such a "trash bin," it takes up visual resources. So, once Gold is released with this "trash can" feature, you could set up a forum to act as such an archive, but make it completely obsolete from the other forums.
Trash can? The reason why you would have a trash can is so that you can have those posts for later reference if you needed it. If you set "Forum Is Active" to no, the forums will 'not exist' at all. You won't see it, you won't be able to edit it via the admin cp. I would have a better time clicking delete than moving it to that forum.
"The forum is active" option isn't there to delete forums, it is there to hide that forum and you can only see the forum within your AdminCP, by going to Manage Forums link.

If you want to delete a forum goto Manage Forums link and delete the forum or foums you want to remove.
You can't even see the forum on your Admin CP if you set it to No
This I think was a bug that is now fixed in myBB Gold.
I first searched to see if this was a bug, and no one stated about this (unless of course I just completely miss it in a different topic)
I've just done a quick check on this. It was indeed a bug, and it is already fixed in Gold. Forums which are not marked as active do display in the admin panel. Wink
Not on my admin cp. I have to delete it via phpmyadmin. All I see are the regular forums which are active.
I'm saying they display properly in Gold. Smile
Pages: 1 2