MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Mybb theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I recently finished my installation of Mybb 1.8.7 but after everything was setup successfully and I deleted the install/ when I reloaded the page there was no theme it was just completely white with default font, no images etc. Whenever I click one of the links I get an internal error.

What might be wrong?
Can you post a link to your website?
(2016-08-08, 11:27 PM)Calamity Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a link to your website?

www.inspiredforums.com
see required file permissions for folders & files

basically /cache , /cache/themes , all its sub-folders and their contents should be writable (CHMOD 777)
^ Verify permissions as mentioned above.

In future I recommend taking backups before updating, just so you can roll back should it not work. Not sure if just the backup feature within MyBB itself is enough, but I do that + a full backup from cPanel.

Should the link not work: Log in to your Admin CP, go to Tools & Maintenance and click System Health.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if all permissions are OK on that page, they should be fine.

EDIT: Huh, it seems /admin isn't working on your website? I get this error:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
(2016-08-09, 01:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see required file permissions for folders & files

basically /cache , /cache/themes , all its sub-folders and their contents should be writable (CHMOD 777)

I've done all of that, still having the same problem.
A 500 status code is being returned for all of the CSS assets, which is why things don't look right. Check your server error logs or ask your web host for assistance, as they should be able to pinpoint what the cause is.
I can see theme on your website ?
Are you referring to images only, if yes than check the permissions on images folder.
I forgot to mention I figured it out, my webhost helped me out. Thank you everyone!