MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] mySQL error when splitting post from thread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks Smile
Is this a fix that might help other problems that seem to be surfacing from this file? For example moving a favorited thread? That has been "fixed" but could this error surface on other forums as well?
Um...are you trying to report a problem with using this file?
DennisTT Wrote:Um...are you trying to report a problem with using this file?

I can tell that this fixed the same problem judel's talking about.
When you move a thread to another forum, instead of the redirecting page it showed this kinda error:

MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(mybb_favorites s, mybb_users u) WHERE s.type='s' AND s.tid IN (***) AND s.uid=u' at line 1
Query: DELETE FROM (mybb_favorites s, mybb_users u) WHERE s.type='s' AND s.tid IN (758) AND s.uid=u.uid AND (u.usergroup IN (1,5) OR CONCAT(',',u.additionalgroups,',') LIKE ',1,' OR CONCAT(',',u.additionalgroups,',') LIKE ',5,')
Updating with the fixed class you posted, solved this problem too Wink
Thanks dennis!
No, Dennis, I'm not reporting an error with your file. I haven't even downloaded it. But I had to manually edit the same file with a fix from Crakter, and I didn't know if what you fixed would also be needed. But if Darkteller is saying that it will, I guess I need to download it and then apply Crakter's fix to your file? Or should I just let it alone, since the fix seems to be working? Or just try your fix and leave off Crakter's, since he says it's a resource hog? I was just wondering!
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
judel Wrote:No, Dennis, I'm not reporting an error with your file. I haven't even downloaded it. But I had to manually edit the same file with a fix from Crakter, and I didn't know if what you fixed would also be needed. But if Darkteller is saying that it will, I guess I need to download it and then apply Crakter's fix to your file? Or should I just let it alone, since the fix seems to be working? Or just try your fix and leave off Crakter's, since he says it's a resource hog? I was just wondering!

To answer your question, this file contains the bug fixes that were previously fixed in class_moderation.php, so if that bug you were referring to was already fixed, then chances are it's fixed in this file.

Fine print: However, if you use this file, if some previous bug fixes included changes to other files, then some other functions may not work because you don't have the updates to the other files.
LOL...love the fine print! I think I'll just coast along as I am for now and see! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2