MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Error

We tried to create a database for you, but for some reason it failed. You can try again, or contact support for more assistance.

Please help, this is the error i recieve when i try to install on my host
are you trying to install on a free web host ? or are you using one click installer at web host ?
both of above are not recommended ..
(2016-08-09, 11:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you trying to install on a free web host ? or are you using one click installer at web host ?
both of above are not recommended ..

Thank you for the feedback.. i am not trying to install on a free web host. im using blue host and installing it from their mojo market place.

i initially installed mybb and it came on but i deleted it and tried to install it and that was when i started getting the error message.

any kind sugestions please
have you also dropped (removed) earlier database of MyBB ?
if you PM me temporary access to your web host panel then I can check it
Sounds like you just need to create the database in your control panel first?
@ .m. 
i have deleted all the previous data base but  that didnt seem to work

Please how do i create a data base as per you suggestion.nI really appreciate your feedbacks
Do you have cPanel or some other sort of control panel? Somewhere in there there should be a section to manage databases.
(2016-08-09, 11:53 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have cPanel or some other sort of control panel? Somewhere in there there should be a section to manage databases.

yes i do.. i have gone there and created data base i just labelled it mybb

i dont know what to do with it and how to use it for my installation
please see MyBB installation guidance (this manual type installation is preferred)
unforunately..im not a pro so i cant install manually.. ive tried but  just cant find my way around it
Pages: 1 2