MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a cookie issue with my forum.

The forum itself works, however, I have an external page that uses mybb's API for an index page and also for a control panel for a game server.  It all used to work, until I shut it off for a while and now I appear to be having problems turning it back on.

The absolute directory to the main index page is /usr/www/prpweb/public/inxex.php

However, the forum is in a completely different directory (as it was before)
/usr/www/prpweb/forums/index.php.

Main page is accessed by domain.com, where forum is forum.domain.com.

If I set cookies to domain.com, obviously I cannot log in and out of the forum etc..
If I set it to forum.domain.com, the forums work but I cannot log in and out of the control panel, nor does it show I'm logged in.

Using latest version of Mybb.  Unsure how to solve this cookie problem here.
This is a tough, yet complexed issue which is clearly out of my scope. Hopefully someone more skilled can help you out soon (going to take some time), but I'll try to research and look into it if nobody is able to come around to it.
Set it to .domain.com (note the leading .) and it should work as far as I know. The . should mean it includes subdomains.
(2016-08-11, 11:54 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Set it to .domain.com (note the leading .) and it should work as far as I know. The . should mean it includes subdomains.

It does not.
In which sense, on the forum or on the main site?
Main site.
What browser(s) are you using, out of curiosity? This sounds like it's conflicting with the spec that all modern browsers should be adhering to.