MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB won't find DB Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've attempted to install MyBB with MySQL and SQLite3 to no avail.

The Requirements Check is here.
I installed MySQL through the command "sudo apt-get install mysql-server" and it is currently installed.
You also need the PHP extension too.

If you're using php5, then you want to also install php5-mysql. If php7, then you'll want php7.0-mysql.
(2016-08-10, 02:49 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]You also need the PHP extension too.

If you're using php5, then you want to also install php5-mysql. If php7, then you'll want php7.0-mysql.

Actually; if you're using a php5 derivative, you'll want the one for your version, so if it's 5.6, you'll want php5.6-mysql.
(2016-08-10, 02:52 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-10, 02:49 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]You also need the PHP extension too.

Actually; if you're using a php5 derivative, you'll want the one for your version, so if it's 5.6, you'll want php5.6-mysql.

I thought that was just because of me having ondrej's PPA added. On another note, if you have the ability to use PHP 7, use it.
Quite possibly, since I'm using the same PPA. But as it's the main one I'd still provide that as advice. Worst case we make them install the key.