MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finally got mybb up and running but it directs to forum.domain.com/forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!  

I'm totally new to ubuntu and apache/nginx servers so I want to first say thanks in advanced for your patience and being so helpful!  

I got everything up and running and got the DB setup - I removed the /install folder and when i go to forum.mydomain.com  it doesnt go to the forum... I have to type forum.mydomain.com/forum  :Sad

I've googled and read and googled and googled more-- took me 24 hrs to get this up and running and I havent slept yet! lol  

How on earth do i fix this?  I want it to go to forum.mydomain.com 
what file do i need to change? 

I host on digitalOcean ubuntu servers and have my domain setup correctly (I think) 

Thanks,
Ronnie
looks like there is mis-configuration in redirecting the sub-domain
or MyBB forum is installed in a sub-folder of the sub-domain !

what exactly is your current forum url ?
http://forum.eveminions.com/forum

I want it to me http://forum.eveminions.com

Is there any files I can upload for you?

Thanks,
R
Hi Ronniem!

Looks like you have uploaded to a directory of /forum/
upload this outside of the /forum/ directory and this should sort your issue.

For example.
If your forum.domain.com is mapped to /www/ then upload here, not to /www/forum/
Hope that makes sense!

Regards,
Katos
(2016-08-10, 06:34 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ronniem!

Looks like you have uploaded to a directory of /forum/
upload this outside of the /forum/ directory and this should sort your issue.

For example.
If your forum.domain.com is mapped to /www/ then upload here, not to /www/forum/
Hope that makes sense!

Link to three screen shots

Regards,
Katos

Hi Katos - 

It somewhat does make sense. But, what if I wanted to verify what forum.domain.com is mapped to?  On Oceancloud I have the Domain/DNS Settings setup like this (see screen shot below)
You'll want to find the file /etc/nginx/sites-available/default, since that's likely what's being used to serve your domain at the moment (default in debian distros, and I see it in a DO guide). Open it with an editor like vim, nano, or emacs (whichever you choose -- choose nano if you don't know what you're doing!).

Inside of it, you'll see a line that reads "root /usr/share/nginx/html". That directory is equivalent to / on your subdomain.

So /usr/share/nginx/html/index.php is equivalent to forum.mydomain.com/index.php, for example.

Note that this config file will by default serve ANY domains that point to your server's IP. For more information, see this tutorial in the DigitalOcean Community. It's very well written and informational, and should help you get up and running with some basic nginx configuration knowledge.
So I moved the forums to var www and now the website doesn't work at all

I moved it back to where it was and it works again but now if you go to forum.eveminions.com it shows the folder forum clicking it brings you to my forum.

I'll be willing to pay a small fee if someone can help me get the site up and running perfectly with good plug Ins and ensure that my images show.. 75 dollars I'll send to ur PayPal
^ you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel & forum admin panel to check the issues
[you can give your own credentials & change them later]