MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After download and apply theme - the logo doesn't show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there - 

I'm new to the mybb community and very happy to be apart of it!  I first want to say that i'm very new to web hosting and my two ubuntu servers, but i'm learning a lot and learning FAST!  So, I want to first thank you in advance for your patience with me and everyone's help!  Heart

I finally got mybb forum up and running,  I took a look at the themes and went with revolution Gaming_#6_stable
I followed the directions and took all the images/pictures etc.. and used filezilla and uploaded them to the images folder. Then, went to the admin CP panel, and uploaded the .xml  

After doing do and clicking "view forum"  the logo doesn't show.  I went to filezilla and downloaded the logo.png and it is an image and it's not blank.. 

Please help! 

Browsers: IE 11 and Google Chrome 
Windows 10 Pro Desktop Native 
Server - Ubuntu 16.04
forum address - forum.eveminions.com/forum    (i'm getting help on another form on trying to fix that as I want the url to just be forum.eveminions.com) 

Thanks,
Ronnie
You should copy the whole folder revolution as it is under your images directory.
(2016-08-10, 06:16 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You should copy the whole folder revolution as it is under your images directory.

Hi Ashley1 - 

That's basically what I did.. But,  even if I just transferred over the logo.png and ensured the path was set correctly  pointing to that image -> the images / logo don't show.
The initial problem must be that you transferred the uploaded contents to the wrong location. Not necessary to make any settings change to get the logo and images to show.
(2016-08-10, 10:39 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]The initial problem must be that you transferred the uploaded contents to the wrong location. Not necessary to make any settings change to get the logo and images to show.

Even when I try uploading just one logo.png of  mine and to the images folder that logo wont show =[
It's quite late (early) here where I am, if you don't get this fixed before then, I can take a look tomorrow if you are willing to provide access details.
(2016-08-10, 11:03 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite late (early) here where I am, if you don't get this fixed before then, I can take a look tomorrow if you are willing to provide access details.

That would be wonderful!! I get back home today at 5pm and I have a pro zoom account to share my screen and allow control to you.
I have visited your forum here at : forum.eveminions.com and see that your logo is showing perfectly.
Hey there -

yeah i switched it back to using default theme.. But, In general I still notice images/icon do not display correctly.. It just shows the tiny picture icon