MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some important things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB Team,
I have some things to say :
1. i think that edit user need's to be accesible through postbit
if i want to change the member usergroup or ban a user edit user signature and things like that.

2. force thread in core .

3. like threads and posts in core, important to have the number of likes given to thread example (Like Button | 12) .

4. better editor, most of the times while creating a threads im having alot of issues,
like when im trying to resize text it wont resizing it's just making bigger spaces between lines and there is more issues.

5. i think it will be cool to make the option that vote in a poll will bump a thread,
and make this optinal that it can be enabled or disabled through AdminCP.

Sorry for the list it just for you guys i support MyBB System.
Thanks, Afik .
please post each suggestion in its own thread as they're easier to accept/deny that way.
(2016-08-11, 07:36 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]please post each suggestion in its own thread as they're easier to accept/deny that way.

Hay andrewjs18,
sorry about that it's just alot of little things that will make a big diffrent.
from now on i'll post each suggestion in it's own thread.
I'm must post on this thread regarding the better editor.

We need another Editor. And ASAP! Maybe in 1.9?

It's a urgent matter guys. I've receive a lot of complains about the editor. A lot of issues using the formatting options.

The core editor is not good and the plugins ones is slow and heavy for basic users.

I have the same problem with the Editor: When you change the size, the text dont change, get big spaces, it's not working good in big texts...
(2016-08-11, 12:02 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm must post on this thread regarding the better editor.

It's a urgent matter guys. I've receive a lot of complains about the editor. A lot of issues using the formatting options.

The core editor is not good and the plugins ones is slow and heavy for basic users.

I have the same problem with the Editor: When you change the size, the text dont change, get big spaces, it's not working good in big texts...

Totally the wrong topic and section for this. This is about 2.0 suggestions. If you want to make a suggestion for the mybb version 1.8, then go to the 1.8 suggestion forum. Also there are other editors beside the mybb one, try them out.

P.S. There will be no 1.9 and as far as i know mybb 2.0 is going to have a new editor.
(2016-08-11, 01:45 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-11, 12:02 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm must post on this thread regarding the better editor.

Totally the wrong topic and section for this. This is about 2.0 suggestions. If you want to make a suggestion for the mybb version 1.8, then go to the 1.8 suggestion forum. Also there are other editors beside the mybb one, try them out.

P.S. There will be no 1.9 and as far as i know mybb 2.0 is going to have a new editor.
Correct. We acknowledge that the current editor is buggy garbage at this point (creator has fallen off the face of the earth) but it's too hard to change in the middle of the 1.x series. We'll give a lot more thought to long term support for whatever editor we decide to go with in 2.0. With that said, let's get back on track.

#1: I can certainly see the benefit of editing a user's signature inline, but I'm not so sure if the other parts are necessary enough to warrant the extra code or potential attack surface for vulnerabilities to warrant.

#2: What?

#3: Maybe in the core (jury's still out on this one IIRC). An upvotes system for threads has its pros and cons, so if it's high enough in demand, then it should be pretty easy to do with the Content Types system and the architecture of the Likes system. If it's not in the core, a plugin for this would be pretty trivial to make for 2.0.

#4: It's a given for 2.0.

#5: Not sure this is worth putting in the core since it would be easy enough to have a plugin listen for a poll vote event and $thread->touch().
(2016-08-11, 06:20 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-11, 01:45 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]

Correct. We acknowledge that the current editor is buggy garbage at this point (creator has fallen off the face of the earth) but it's too hard to change in the middle of the 1.x series. We'll give a lot more thought to long term support for whatever editor we decide to go with in 2.0. With that said, let's get back on track.

#1: I can certainly see the benefit of editing a user's signature inline, but I'm not so sure if the other parts are necessary enough to warrant the extra code or potential attack surface for vulnerabilities to warrant.

#2: What?

#3: Maybe in the core (jury's still out on this one IIRC). An upvotes system for threads has its pros and cons, so if it's high enough in demand, then it should be pretty easy to do with the Content Types system and the architecture of the Likes system. If it's not in the core, a plugin for this would be pretty trivial to make for 2.0.

#4: It's a given for 2.0.

#5: Not sure this is worth putting in the core since it would be easy enough to have a plugin listen for a poll vote event and $thread->touch().

Hay Josh,
i read your reply, 
"#2: What?"
Force users to read a thread before they can access the forum,
this is very usefull there is a plugin for that but i think it's very basic and should be in the core .