MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum's status icon problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

Today I've downloaded MyBB and everything
I wanted to change some things about the on/off icons but I think I have messed up CSS or something

[attachment=36777]

On the right, we can see the post icon, everything is good there
But on the left, status icons are supposed to be there but they aren't showing
I've checked the source code and the templates seems to be okay

[attachment=36778]

One of my friend has no problem with status icon and when you take a look at the style box in Google Chrome Inspect Element, you can see this

But on my forum, you can't see anything, as if my class couldn't call to css
That's why I've been sayin' that the problem is probably from CSS

Oh and also, I don't really know if it's related to this problem, but my console shows some errors ;
"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) ----- http://localhost/Myforum/css.php?stylesheet=4"
"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) ----- http://localhost/Myforum/css.php?stylesheet=6"

I can provide further details if needed

Any help would be appreciated !

Have a good day Smile
Hi,

A 500 internal server error is one of the most common server errors, and indicates something is misconfigured internally (as opposed to a MyBB or PHP error). You'll need to check your logs to work your way to the bottom of this one.

Thanks
Tom
500 Internal Server Error - This error indicates something is malfunctioning on your stack.

I would recommend you do NOT install MyBB on a subdirectory, so install on the root as opposed to in a folder.
Hi,

Thank you for the answer.
I don't really know what logs you want me to check but it didn't really help me solving my problem...

Look, my problem is that these "thread status" icons aren't showing
When I check my theme files ;

[Image: 1471019812-1.png]

You can see the "thread_status.css"
That css is the one that load the picture containing all icons ( folder_sprite.png )

On another forum, everything is working well and when I take a look at the source code ;

[Image: 1471019819-3.png]

His call to the class "thread_status folder" is here and ( on the right ) the css is here and so everything is good with him.

But when we take a look at my local forum ;

[Image: 1471019817-2.png]

I called the same exact class, I have the same exact css file in my theme, but for some reason, my forum won't load that css file.
Look at the right of the picture, you can't see "thread_status" as you could've seen on the previous picture.

That's my whole problem.

Any idea where's that problem from ?

Thanks in advance and thank you taking time to read this!

(2016-08-12, 04:13 PM)Consaholic Wrote: [ -> ]500 Internal Server Error - This error indicates something is malfunctioning on your stack.

I would recommend you do NOT install MyBB on a subdirectory, so install on the root as opposed to in a folder.

My forum isn't really in subfolders but in var www html ( apache2 local server )
I know about 500 Internal Server Error but how do I know the whereabouts of this problem?

Problem solved, the problem was from my inc-->config.php

The admin_dir name was different from the folder name + what's in the settings

Silly me

Thank you everyone Smile