MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buddy List URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I have been redesigning the default MyBB User profiles and now after everything is done I cant seem to find the URL for the buddy list. 

In the template member_profile_addremove there is only a single line

<a href="{$add_remove_options['url']}" class="button small_button {$add_remove_options['class']}"><span>{$add_remove_options['lang']}</span></a>

I want just the Buddy List URL so I can add it to my own designed button but I cant seem to find a link to that anywhere.

Any response is appreciated.

Cheers and regards.
{$add_remove_options['url']} - why can't you just modify the classes in the css?
<a href="{$add_remove_options['url']}" class="button small_button {$add_remove_options['button small_button add_buddy_button']}"><span>{$add_remove_options['lang']}</span></a> 
tried this but doesn't work.
Assuming you haven't editted the names, buddy lists can be reached through:

/usercp.php?action=editlists

So for example:

https://yourdomain.com/usercp.php?action=editlists
(2016-08-13, 03:14 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you haven't editted the names, buddy lists can be reached through:

So for example:

Alright that is right but it isn't what I need.
I have design my own button and now I want it to function as a "Add to Buddy List" button. So ;

<a href="The link I should add to my button so it functions as a add to buddy list button">Add to Buddy List </a>

I hope I made myself clear?
(2016-08-13, 06:55 PM)Freakout14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-13, 03:14 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you haven't editted the names, buddy lists can be reached through:

So for example:

Alright that is right but it isn't what I need.
I have design my own button and now I want it to function as a "Add to Buddy List" button. So ;

<a href="The link I should add to my button so it functions as a add to buddy list button">Add to Buddy List </a>

I hope I made myself clear?

The link's there, you posted it, but it's in variable format and makes use of sprite images - buttons_sprite.png in the images folder.
You could simply edit the css for the existing buddy button, with your custom css thus rendering out any html change?
(2016-08-14, 07:49 PM)Consaholic Wrote: [ -> ]You could simply edit the css for the existing buddy button, with your custom css thus rendering out any html change?

No I cannot find the HTML for the buddy button anywhere in the templates yes designing is possible but I want to place it somewhere else which I cannot unless I find the HTML for the button.
This is the HTML

<a href="{$add_remove_options['url']}" class="button small_button {$add_remove_options['button small_button add_buddy_button']}"><span>{$add_remove_options['lang']}</span></a>

It controls all the states of the buddy button options. You should look at the view source code of the page in different states, then you will understand how it works.