MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change the new reply input area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: o1JWoOe.png]

How Do I change the white background of the area where I type my reply? It was grey and then for some reason it turned to white and I'd like it to be grey again. Not sure what went wrong. 

I am new to this. I tried to edit the global.css of the theme, but I could not locate this to change the color code.
admin panel >> Templates & Style >> themes >> scroll down for edit theme properties
--> editor style >> select Modern
save theme properties and check if the editor background color changes as required
Open jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes, choose the style .css what you use and change the background from .sceditor-container and .sceditor-container iframe,.sceditor-container textarea
How do I open Open jscripts?
^ (in general) you have to use file manager at web host control panel or a ftp client (like filezilla)
Ok. I have only been editing through the Admin Control panel. I have Filezilla, I'll give it a go.

Confused by this step in your derections "choose the style .css what you use "

I dont see anything named style.css or any file named after the theme I am using.

(2016-08-14, 08:52 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> Templates & Style >> themes >> scroll down for edit theme properties
--> editor style >> select Modern
save theme properties and check if the editor background color changes as required

I followed this exactly. The background is still white

Screenshot

[Image: BDkyABN.png]
(2016-08-14, 09:11 AM)MrBrechreiz Wrote: [ -> ]Open jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes, choose the style .css what you use and change the background from .sceditor-container and .sceditor-container iframe,.sceditor-container textarea
Excellent. That worked, but now my cursor and text that I type is black and I made my background dark gray.

How do I change the cursor and font to white?

Thanks for your help by the way. Im 100 percent new to this.