MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to make the default forum responsive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have the default forum theme installed for myBB 1.8. I would like to make the default theme responsive. 

What's the easiest way? or Is there someone who has already done that?
Bump.
Can someone please answer?
You'll need to use a responsive framework or if you are experienced with CSS then work it out with media queries which is probably the better option imo.
Not another one of these threads...There's no easy way to make a MyBB theme responsive. There are a handful available in the downloads sections, or alternatively you can buy a responsive theme for a reasonable price.
You'd have to switch your header, body, containers, footer, etc from pixels to percentages. It's not easy, and it's not guaranteed that it'll come out perfect. You'll need to fix overflows, image sizings, position of elements, and more. It'll be tricky making it responsive on all platforms in just one template.

To make things easier I'd recommend installing MyBB GoMobile, duplicating your theme and making the duplicate responsive on tablets/smartphones.

If you want to make things really easy on yourself, download an existing MyBB mobile theme, add it to your MyBB GoMobile settings, and make styling/template changes so it'll look similar to your desktop.
Install MyBB Go Mobile plugin from mod base. It will serve a responsive version of your forum when visited from mobile devices.
(2016-08-18, 11:30 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Install MyBB Go Mobile plugin from mod base. It will serve a responsive version of your forum when visited from mobile devices.

Thanks a ton! That was of real help. I just wanted a simple working solution. Except a couple issues, it is working fine for my needs.