MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Interview with Euan T, Lead Developer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We at APPEN wanted to know about how MyBB 2.0 is shaping up. So we had a little chat with @Euan T , who is the lead developer at MyBB. He was kind enough to respond to our questions. You can read the full interview below

It's not so long since you took the helm of MyBB. How do you feel ?

I'm not exactly at the helm, I just lead the development team - Stefan looks after most of the day to day stuff, with Chris overseeing all things to do with servers, domains, etc. That said, I feel things are progressing well. We've made a number of changes, with more to come!

Do you think it is the right time to go with a complete rewrite of MyBB ?

I think that it's past time if anything. The MyBB 1.x codebase is old, messy and difficult to maintain. A proper, modern, OOP based code base will make maintenance far easier and open MyBB up to many more developers both now and in the future.

You have a sneak peak version of MyBB 2.0 made public. How happy are you about the response ?

The response so far has been excellent, with a lot of feedback and suggestions coming in so far. Obviously, more input is always welcome and opening the repositories to the public has given us access to a lot more talent to help with the future direction of MyBB.

Read more at APPEN
That is a great read, I hope MyBB becomes a great success.
Nice, let there be light, touch the moon
good interview. mybb rocks.
(2016-08-14, 07:51 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]APPEN

So *that's* your new site! I wondered what you were doing with yourself nowadays!
Great job guys - thanks for doing this !
Really feels like the MyBB team is on the right path. Looking forward to seeing what 2.0 is like.