MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email alerts for plugin/software updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it'd be useful if mybb would email an admin (or whoever is specified in the admin cp to be contacted) when a plugin author updates their plugins.

in the same token, I think the same would hold true for official mybb software releases as well.
IIRC, we discussed core updates previously and decided that the Wordpress blog updates were "good enough" at the time. I agree that a proper mailing list for it would make sense though.

I doubt plugin/mod update emails will make it into the current mods site, I'd leave it for the 2.0 version. I saw on Slack the discussion about 2.0 being slow, but the new mods site can be developer independently... Wink
(2016-08-14, 09:30 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, we discussed core updates previously and decided that the Wordpress blog updates were "good enough" at the time. I agree that a proper mailing list for it would make sense though.

I doubt plugin/mod update emails will make it into the current mods site, I'd leave it for the 2.0 version. I saw on Slack the discussion about 2.0 being slow, but the new mods site can be developer independently... Wink

I definitely wouldn't expect such a change to come in 1.8.X..