MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unsure where to post this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But anyways it relates to a question about the post text?

For whatever reason when i or someone else makes a post on my forum you have to hit the space button twice to seperate a paragraph. Is there anyway to fix that and if so how?

Example.

Note the space between example and this sentence. Only hit space once.

On my forum it would show like the following after posting.

Quote:Example.
Note the space between example and this sentence. Only hit space once.

Shouldnt have to go down 2 lines like that.

Thanks.
Err, when you press "Enter" one new line is created. So I press "Enter" once to make a new line. [pressed enter once]
So this is the new line. But if you press enter twice, then an extra empty line is created [pressed enter twice here]

So the new line is now here. I don't understand what you're trying to get at.
DennisTT Wrote:Err, when you press "Enter" one new line is created. So I press "Enter" once to make a new line. [pressed enter once]
So this is the new line. But if you press enter twice, then an extra empty line is created [pressed enter twice here]

So the new line is now here. I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

What i am getting at is that for some reason i have to do it 1 EXTRA time on MY forum.

I'll PM you the board addy if you like so you can register and see for yourself. Might be the best way of explaining this one.
Your saying you have to press enter 3 times...?
Tikitiki Wrote:Your saying you have to press enter 3 times...?

Just once extra. If i want one space then i have to hit enter twice, two spaces i have to hit it 3 times.
If anything, it's a code modification or template modification you've done. As you can see it works fine here and for everyone else.
Tikitiki Wrote:If anything, it's a code modification or template modification you've done. As you can see it works fine here and for everyone else.

Template Modification. I dont believe i have messed with the code.

Any ideas as to where i should look?
I wouldn't know. I didn't design your template. Start by look around the post areas or anything that could affect it (custom javascript includes etc...)
I have fixed it. Went to the modify theme and changed the area at the bottom where it says ( Additional CSS: Below you may enter additional CSS to be included with this theme. )

Quote: border: none;
}

.clear {
clear: both;
}
body{
margin: 0px;
letter-spacing: 0px;

They had the letter spacing set to -1px and so i changed it to 0px;