MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked Myself Out Of The Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I made a custom support group. Tryed to get myself to join it. I joined it and it logged me out of the Admin CP. Sad

I am so upset I cant type. Someone help me please. Sad Maybe edit config.php?
It sounds like your custom group doesn't have admin access. Do you have access to phpMyAdmin or another tool for editing the mySQL database? If so, you'll need to manually find your row in the users table, and change your usergroup back to 4.
Where are the user rows? I have almost no knowledge of MySQL.
The users are stored in tableprefixusers. If no prefix was specified when you installed MyBB, the table will instead just be called users. By default, the table prefix is mybb_, so unless you specified a different prefix at installation, you're looking for the mybb_users table.
I'm assuming you are already at your database and that you have phpmyadmin.

click on:
mybb_users (or yourprefix_users)

browse (its a purple square or it will be a link uptop depending on your phpmyadmin version)

Find your name (Joel may be?)

click edit (its a pencil next to the X or just hover around the images to see what they are, depending on your phpmyadmin version again)

find the table "usergroup"

change it to 4

if you found that a little confusing, tell me where you get stuck at.
No I understood it. I was around that area before I read your post but didnt fully do the steps. Now i'll see if it worked.