MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoMedia 3.0.3 - Different size embeds for mobile?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  MyBB 1.8.7, AutoMedia 3.0.3, GoMobile.  

Our board has two themes, a desktop and a mobile theme.  When using the mobile theme and viewing on a mobile device, Youtube videos embedded with AutoMedia are too large to fit and stretch the thread.  What I'd like to do is have the size of the embed change based on whether users are using the standard or the Mobile theme.

I know with CSS, I can change how the thread deals with the too large embeds (stretching entire thread vs stretching just the individual post vs making the post scroll).   But I'm hoping to find a solution that changes the actual embed size so it looks normal in mobile view, without also shrinking the size when viewed with the desktop theme.

Any suggestions?

To answer my own question, I was able to do it all via CSS. I used the tutorial here (with slight modifications) to create a Youtube embed that will scale to the browser size.

https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/vid...e/youtube/