MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot how to upload theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have forgotten how to install themes.  Can someone walk me through it please?

Thanks
Starting point is ACP -> Templates & Styles -> Import theme
Got to that part and I uploaded the theme like it said to do but I can't see it in the admin panel
did you get the successfully imported message ?
Ashley, Im also struggling, I have looked there and i have nothing to say Import theme. Any suggestions?
(2016-08-19, 11:12 PM)Don Houston Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have forgotten how to install themes.  Can someone walk me through it please?

Thanks

(2016-09-07, 12:47 PM)rexxitu8 Wrote: [ -> ]Ashley, Im also struggling, I have looked there and i have nothing to say Import theme. Any suggestions?

In order to sucessfully import a theme to your MyBB installation, follow these steps:

1) Download the ZIP folder containing the theme you wish to add. Make sure that ZIP has tht theme images and a .xml file which will be directly imported to your website's server through the Admin Control Panel;

2) Upload the images folder from the theme ZIP to your FTP server in your MyBB installation directory: path-to-installation/images/yourtheme;

3) Once that is done, go to the Admin Control Panel, select "Templates & Style" tab and then select "Import Theme";

4) Select the .xml file you downloaded from the theme ZIP folder and then choose "Ignore version of compatibility";

5) Finally, you press "Import Theme".