MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Lately it seems that my forum has been performing kinda poorly. I was thinking maybe it's just my internet/router, so I thought I would ask here for your opinions.

The URL is http://wewillbeheard.com/forums/ - just click around a bit, tell me what you think of the overall speed. It seems kinda slow to me. =\

Thank you,
Jordan
I've had a click around and everything seems to be fine.
same here... Wink
MyBB doesn't have speed issues to a considerable effect - if anything it's your host

And the speeds fine for me
Could be a number of things that effect speed,

Your connection
Your host
MySQL Server
Amount of people on the forum
Extra plugins executing queries
Incorrect code
etc etc
Seems fine to me also.
OK, thank you everyone. I guess I was just a little paranoid because, well, I'm anal about things like that. :p

Thanks again.
If you look at the debug information at the bottom of your forum it will tell you how long it took the server to generate the page, for example:
Quote:Generated in 0.1825871 seconds (88.98% PHP / 11.02% MySQL)

If the time is below 1 second, but it takes 20 seconds to load the page, then it's a problem with the connection/internet.

If the time is above 1 second, it could be that there's some inefficiency in the code, or most likely if you're on a shared hosting server other sites are taking up the CPU power.