MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySql query to rebuild just one thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that in ACP we can rebuild all the threads on the forum to update the last post, but is there a query I can run if I just want to update the last post for ONE thread or forum? Thanks in advance.
Go into phpMyAdmin and update the lastpost* columns to the corresponding values.
That's the only way? There isn't a query to rebuild it? Well that sux!
Well you need to rebuild the cache's anyway. What's the big problem about running a recount and rebuild? It's not that long for a small board... You want to know how long it took me to rebuild for the NCAABBS forums?
Upload the attached file to your forums - call it via your browser and put in a thread ID or forum ID.
Thanks a bunch, Chris! I truly appreciate it. Big Grin

And Tiki, to answer your question, it takes about 5 minutes to do the rebuild (longer when it bottoms out and has to be started again), which isn't a big deal unless I have to keep doing it! I just didn't see the reason why I should have to do the recount/rebuild for the whole forum, if I only need it done for the same section every time! And I have no idea what NCAABBS even is! Toungue

edit: by the way, the script worked great! Just what I needed! Cool...
Ncaabbs is the biggest MyBB forum until now.
Well, then, something like this should work well for them as well,shouldn't it! I would really hate to have to go through an entire rebuild for such a huge forum, when a simple script would do it in a few seconds! Now, doesn't that make sense?
I guess it's fast for them because they're server is fast o.o

And I wouldn't see why it'd take 5 minutes though... I doubt your server is THAT slow o.o

Ever tried just upping the rebuilds-per-page to something higher? It shouldn't time out I wouldn't think.
YES IT DOES! I have to lower the threads just so it will go through! It doesn't matter anyway, since Chris did that script for me! Thank you, Chris! YOU ROCk!!!!

And by the way, to quote something that he would tell you...it's not they're....it's their! Toungue
Pages: 1 2