MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forums permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I've created 3 different forums, and 3 different groups
all 3 forums are under 1 catgry only

and each forums have set its View/post permission to only 1 group

and in Users Groups area i've selected 1 group as its additional groups and now that user can see other forums too (not the content in it ) but he knws it that other forums also exists but i dont want them to see them till i give them access to it by assigning them their groups.

Hello? any help
Help?
Admin > Forums > Permissions > {RANK HERE} > Permission > and Cant view thread
And Do the opposite for the Other rank
Admin > Forums > Permissions > {RANK HERE} > Permission > and Can view thread
like example i have a forums called "Admin" so i created a group named "Admins"

and now in forums permission settings of " Admin" forums i've select only the "Admins" group to view and in
Overview: Disallowed Actions i'll choosen all other ranks so no1 have access to see it but they cannot see inside posts etc the forums is restricted for them but they can see that |"Admins" forums exists just they cannot open it and i dont want them to look at it .

help please

Regards,
Furqan.
Help?
Help?

Help?
help?
Can anyone help me?

i want to make forums hidden for members whom i dont give access to forums.
Hello MMFB,
i'd love to help you,
but i didn't understand your problem.
i've recently moved my forums from Vbulletin 3.x to Mybb 1.8 and now i have some forums like this

Admins
High Admins

and i created 2 groups for them like

Admin
High Admin

and i gave permission for Admins forums to only "Admin" group and added myself in that group to check

but i can see "High Admin" forums too in index but i cannot read topics in it but i want to hide these forums from all except the members whom i give access sir.

help plox

Help me
Pages: 1 2