MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have downloaded the latest version of mybb and every time i try installing it i get up to this part and get this error even though i have entered the correct user name and password etc..

Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
* Could not select the database 'mybb'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
It isn't the correct database name/database server. I can assure you of that.
It has to be i have checked the server name is localhost and the database name is mybb i have gone into mysql administrator and its all correct :/
and if i goto phpbb and use the same info it installs so its not my pc
If you are hosted on a shared hosting server, your database name may probably have a prefix like bombom_mybb ?
its on my home pc mysql server but ok :/
OK. then nevermind.
The reason it would not work was because my password was too long and because of this

http://webyog.com/faq/23_58_en.html

But thanks for the help