MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging MyBB 1.6 in MyBB 1.8 using merge system ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Team,
I am looking to merge two MyBB boards, one is running on MyBB 1.6 and 1 is running on 1.8.
The plan is to merge 1.6 in 1.8.
Now my question is
1. Can i use merge system directly to merge it or
2. I need to first upgrade my 1.6 MyBB board to 1.8 and than can i merge ?

In merge page documentation it is not written about 1.6 but I wanted to know if anybody has tried it or if it supports?

Thanks for reading it.

Regards
WallBB
most probably MyBB 1.6.x needs to be upgraded to the latest available version & then it can be merged with ease.
(2016-08-26, 04:19 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]most probably MyBB 1.6.x needs to be upgraded to the latest available version & then it can be merged with ease.
Thanks for confirming, anyone tried 1.6 directly using merge system 1.8 ?
^ I don't think merging MyBB 1.6.x with 1.8.x would be successful as many database fields changed in the later version
(2016-08-27, 03:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I don't think merging MyBB 1.6.x with 1.8.x would be successful as many database fields changed in the later version
That's what I wanted to know, thanks .m.
This can be closed.
I will upgrade first and than transfer my data.
As a future reference I did do a 1.6 merge to 1.8 without updating and there was a few bugs but overall could be done easily enough.
^ well, can you post a couple of major bugs you have experienced and how they can be fixed ..
(2017-03-08, 01:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, can you post a couple of major bugs you have experienced and how they can be fixed ..

Yes, that will actually be helpful for anyone who wants to do this in future Smile
(2017-03-08, 01:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, can you post a couple of major bugs you have experienced and how they can be fixed ..

Sure thing, tomorrow or the day after I'll make a new board and perform a merge with a 1.6 database and document all errors and work around to resolve them. Upon this completion I shall forward the report.