MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal renamed and as homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a rookie question that's been answered before but I'm having a bit of trouble with previous tutorials.

I'm hoping to rename my portal to 'home on the nav menu and also have it as my index page 
e.g
www.yourdomain.com 
takes you to the portal(now home)

The problem is all threads I've seen require a separate folder for the forum and mybb core files.
Currently, all mybb files are in my root directory and im not sure what exactly is considered the "core files" or how the whole setup should look.
  Huh

Would really appreciate some help with the issue

Thanks!
in general we use a directory index rule to redirect domain url to a specific page through rewrite URLs file
eg. for Apache server you can use below rule in .htaccess file at the forum's main folder
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

to rename portal as home on the menu: navigate to below location
forum admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Your theme templates >>
Header Templates >> header_menu_portal --> replace {$lang->toplinks_portal} with Home and save the template
(2016-08-27, 04:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general we use a directory index rule to redirect domain url to a specific page through rewrite URLs file
eg. for Apache server you can use below rule in .htaccess file at the forum's main folder
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

to rename portal as home on the menu: navigate to below location
forum admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Your theme templates >>
Header Templates >> header_menu_portal --> replace {$lang->toplinks_portal} with Home and save the template

Thanks for the menu tip that worked.

Cant get the other part to work.  I have a htaccess.txt file which i added the line to and tried saving as first a .txt and then as .htaccess with neither showing any results.
I am not sure if its an apache server or how to check.
Sorry Im very new to all this
for Apache server rewrite rules file is .htaccess [htaccess.txt file is provided for reference]

can we have your forum url ..
http://www.allaquarists.com/htaccess.txt

rename htaccess.txt --> .htaccess
(2016-08-28, 08:25 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.allaquarists.com/htaccess.txt

rename htaccess.txt --> .htaccess

Worked that time, thanks ziuma.

Do I have to change something in the templates? My forum button on nav menu takes me to the portal.