MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on install ...../inc/db_.php'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting this following error when trying to use the installation wizard on a new install. I have tried multiple times. I am a newbie here so might be missing the basics. The web host does support PHP and I am using mySQL as a db type. Please help!

Thanks

Fatal error: populate_tables(): Failed opening required '../inc/db_.php' (include_path='.;c:/php/includes') in d:\hosting\myweb\forums\install\index.php on line 255
Make sure settings.php and config.php are chmod (permissions) to 777.
Thanks Matt, yes the permissions are 777.

Mary
I used this tutorial when installing mine, and had no problems.
http://www.nexcess.net/hosting/support/t...b/1.00rc2/

Maybe try starting from scratch and see what happens, meh.
-It says CHMOD those things (settings.php and config.php) to 666, which I did as well, and it worked...

Meh, dunno.
Thanks so much that tutorial helped.
I'm glad you found our tutorial useful! Smile It's good to know that all that work wasn't for nothing hahaha.

We have a whole gang of tutorials at http://nexcess.net/tutorials if you need help with any other software as well.

And of course, we're also a web hosting company if you're in the need for hosting. We have packages starting at $6.95 for an annual purchase which includes a free script install and you can get a free domain registration with the FREE_DOMAIN coupon code.

We also have some of the lowest priced SSL Certificates on the net. Our SSL Certs are $49.95 per year or even lower for a 2 or 3 year cert and are 99.6% browser compatible. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks again for commenting on our tutorials! Smile
Something important to point out NEXCS-Greg. Your site says this somewhere...

Quote:"myBB is open source, meaning that you can use and distribute it as you'd like as long as you don't change it."

That statement is not correct. MyBB is not open source and it cannot be distributed anywhere except on the main MyBB website. I would advise that you remove that paragraph from your page to prevent any confusion.
My apologies. This has been fixed.