MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit Modification?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have another question, in regards to Postbit modification. 

This is what I have:

[Image: yYvFHVg.png]

What I'm trying to get is for the user profile to be separate from the post content. Post content be in it's own box, essentially similar to the image below:

[Image: zvW7cui.png]

There was a thread about Postbit modification on here, but it doesn't seem to work. The edit button gets thrown out of whack and refusal to work after I follow instructions. How to achieved what the above something similar to the image above?   Smile

Here's my forum: http://boogaloocrews.com/index.php
Not sure what you mean. Your's is already similar to the 2nd image, only difference I can spot is that the postbit buttons and user signature are hidden or removed.

Maybe you want horizontal layout, which you can set in the ACP -> showthread options.
Sorry, I should have further clarify.

In this thread: http://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=387

The profile doesn't stick to the bottom for some users, when the content of the post is huge. What I'm trying to achieved is have it stick to the bottom through all posts, regardless of size. If that make sense.
I think so, when the content is a little you want the signature to be below the level of the author information on the left. Not sure how easy that is to achieve though, you may need code to calculate height, or you can try setting a min height.

postbit_classic

Find

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">

and replace with:

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="min-height:300px">
You need to change the HTML structure.

Something like:

<CONTAINER>
<POST_AUTHOR><POST_MSG>
-----------------------<POST_HEAD>
-----------------------<POST_BODY>
-----------------------</POST_MSG>
<POST_BOTTOM>
</CONTAINER>
(2016-08-27, 10:01 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think so, when the content is a little you want the signature to be below the level of the author information on the left. Not sure how easy that is to achieve though, you may need code to calculate height, or you can try setting a min height.

postbit_classic

Find

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">

and replace with:

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="min-height:300px">

This is the result

[Image: PXjmSWU.png]

There's still space between the user "Nick" and the bottom. 

(2016-08-27, 10:59 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the HTML structure.

Something like:

<CONTAINER>
<POST_AUTHOR><POST_MSG>
-----------------------<POST_HEAD>
-----------------------<POST_BODY>
-----------------------</POST_MSG>
<POST_BOTTOM>
</CONTAINER>

Interesting. I'm not super advanced in HTML so I don't want to mess anything up yet XD
Update! I managed to figure out what I needed to do in order to accomplished this. I had to work out the CSS of post container and other postbit template in order to get the closest of what I was talking about, thanks to the advice here!  Big Grin