MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just found this website, and so far the software looks sweet! I downloaded the zip file and opened up the intructions html file.

Just having trouble understanding part number three. Sad

-------------------------------------------------

3.Chmod the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php

--------------------------------------------------

What does that actually mean? Im a complete noob with this software and that description doesnt meen anything to me.

I also dont know what directory you are refering to "upload the entire contents of the 'upload' directory to a visible directory"

What upload directory and where can it be found? I know i need to create a /forums for example to put it all in but what parts of the directory do i upload? lol

Im completely lost! lol Sad

CHMOD just means to set the permissions for whoever needs/wants to edit the files. If you are using an FTP program then right click these files and click CHMOD, then change the settings to 666. I'm unsure though how you CHMOD in IE as i havent done that before.
So i need to open up the ftp program and upload all the files that i downlaoded to my server? And before i do that i have to right click the files and change them to 666. By that do you mean the name of the file or the permissions? What are permissions? lol
Once you've uploaded all the files to your server, then right click those certain files and CHMOD them that way. What FTP program do you use?
I dont have one yet, but mybb has recommended a program called flashfxp. Should i use that?
Flash FXP is what i use, its THE best around! Get the trial version from http://www.flashfxp.com. Once you have it, connect to your server, upload the files and then simply right click the files you want to CHMOD and select CHMOD from the list. Its that simple! (Its 5am here... im off to bed... good night)
Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated. I'll leave you some feedback! Smile
I also found the upload file! lol It organises itself when you extract it. Excellent! Big Grin
Identity Wrote:Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated. I'll leave you some feedback! Smile

No probs Wink And thanks!