MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to find new members?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hey guys,

It's been a few months now that my forum is online and running, and only a pair of members are active.

I can't seem to find a good way to get new members.

I know that content is king etc etc, but the problem with my forum niche is that its mainly based on pc tech problem solution. So 75% procent of the forums are for problem related questions. How do I fill that up with content? I can't possibly fill that up by just myself.

There also must be another way to get people to join other than getting found by search engines?

Here is a few things I did:
I am active on other pc forums, where I have a link to my forum.
I have an active facebook page.
I have set up auto twitter feed yesterday.
Made the registration page way cleaner and faster to register

I do not have the money to go for paid stuff.. Nor are there promotion forums for my forum language.
What else can I do?
Find unusual issues.

You're running a PC help board, so doing a load of QA testing on Windows 10 is a good idea.

MikeInToshx

Sure, but that are ideas for when the user is on the forum.

I need people to find the forum first somehow. SEO isn't cutting it right now.
(2016-08-29, 04:12 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, but that are ideas for when the user is on the forum.

There are no secret answers. Build a ton of content and backlinks for SEO, get involved with other communities and link back to your site when appropriate, or pay for ads. Launching a forum is hard, especially in crowded niches like tech. You might not be able to build a stable audience if your topic area is oversaturated already.

MikeInToshx

(2016-08-29, 04:37 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-29, 04:12 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, but that are ideas for when the user is on the forum.

There are no secret answers. Build a ton of content and backlinks for SEO, get involved with other communities and link back to your site when appropriate, or pay for ads. Launching a forum is hard, especially in crowded niches like tech. You might not be able to build a stable audience if your topic area is oversaturated already.

Already got 1.344 backlinks created from other big tech related forums im active on. I know its hard.

I am trying to be different than the other forums in a way aswell.
There are lots of things that can be done in terms of forum but activity is tough and so is SEO. Some plugins can actually bring your users back so that they remain active users such as newpoints plugin in MyBB or Like Plugin.

Hide Content from guest can help you convert users more than usually you get. Even hiding links from guest is a good plan to make users join.

I shared a post in past on WallBB, maybe you can check it
http://wallbb.co.uk/getting-traffic-forum/